Saturday, November 3, 2012

Alex turns 5

Five years ago this big bundle of joy came into our lives.  Over the last 5 years Alex has revealed his humorous ways, loving and caring spirit and his intensity for all things sports.  That mop of curly hair, so unruly and cute makes me smile.  That sweet way his says "I love you" always brightens my day and fills my heart to overflowing.  Our baby is no longer a baby.  He started reading this year, attending our homeschool co-op.  He started Karate classes and on his birthday had his first T-Ball practice, he was beyond stoked.  We decided to go with a theme for his 5th birthday, pirates.  The table was decked out in all things pirates.  Once again, he received a # shirt with his name.  I can't resist and I will only be able to do this for so long before he catches on.  Later in the week we took the whole family on a pirate ship and had a wonderful experience dressing up, singing and fighting Black Beard for treasure.  Our town is definitely not short of anything pirate.  We actually have an new elementary school in our neighborhood and their mascot is a pirate.  Overall, Alex had a fabulous day!  My big boy is 5!




 Play that cowbell!
 He's a lefty!
 My little ball player.
We had our neighborhood kids over to sing happy birthday and open presents.

1 comment:

The Baughers said...

Sweet update! He is too cute and that's awesome ya'll did all things "pirate!" Glad he had a great birthday!