Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bon Appetite!

This post may seem out of sorts based upon my other posts which are typically about family. But I believe this is about family...how I feed my family. This past week I tried all new recipes from Everyday Food. I love their magazine, cookbook and PBS show. I was able to get pictures of some of the dishes that I thought were so colorful and they tasted as good as they looked.

Shrimp and Tomatoes over Soft Polenta was delicious! Shrimp is a favorite around here. One tip, make double of the Polenta and pour it into a loaf pan and refrigerate. Use it later in the week for Broiled Polenta with Mushroom Ragout. Yum-O! Thanks Rachel Ray for that expression!


This evening we tried Roasted Cod with Potatoes and Olives. It was a hit! We devoured it all. Even the kids enjoyed the fish just as much as Greg and I. The blend of potatoes, olives, tomatoes and garlic was divine. Paired with a delightful white wine, it was a wonderful celebration of food and family.



I enjoy trying new recipes and I hope this post has inspired you to do the same. Happy Cooking!

Bon Appetite!

1 comment:

Judith said...

Excellent! Get those kids drinking white wine with their fish as early as possible! ;-0

Thanks much for my polenta and mushroom ragout. Loved it!